-->
Saying Sorry


You know at the world of English is a fun and exciting place to be I’m so glad you could join me for another lesson. Wow, this is such a beautiful vase! How much did you say it’s worth? Ten thousand pounds. That’s lot of money. And there’s only two of these left in the world? Yes. Well all I can say is I hope you take good care of it because the last thing you want to do is drop it! In this lesson we will look at an action, which for many of us, is very hard to do saying sorry. S-o-r-r-y exclamation mark. We all make mistakes and sometimes we say and do things that hurt or upset other people. More often there not, we end up feeling bad about these events and the emotion of regret takes over from our feeling of anger. We suddenly feel the need to say sorry for our actions and behavior. There are many ways of saying sorry I’m terribly sorry for what I said to you. I deeply regret my actions yesterday. I’m ever so sorry. That’s my bad. Oh, I’m sorry! You can also say sorry as a way of showing sympathy towards another person when you hear some bad news from them. I’m sorry to hear about your fathers death. I’m sorry I ate my brother and my sister. Of course the person you are apologising to much accept your remorse and if they do they can say that’s quite alright, I forgive you. When we say sorry we offer our apology. Saying sorry to another person can be a very difficult thing to do. It can take us a long time to offer an apology. Sometimes months or even years. We often resist saying sorry because in our own mind we feel that there is nothing to apologise for. Also there is the feeling of losing face or baking down, which can put as off apologising to someone indefinitely, thus preventing us from ever saying sorry to that person. Is there anyone in your life who you would like to say sorry to? Did you recently have an argument with a friend or relative and did you say something to them that you now regret? Saying sorry can be the hardest thing in the world to do but once you have said it and it has been accepted then a huge weight will be lifted from your shoulders and your friendship will be saved. I suppose the big question much be, is it worth destroying a close relationship over a few badly chosen words? Surely the reply must be “of course not!” well another lesson has come to an end. 

LihatTutupKomentar